Papers of Adelaide Schulkind Frank, 1925-1972
Correspondence, bulletins, etc., of Adelaide Schulkind Frank, executive secretary of the League for Mutual Aid.
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
Access. Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright. Copyright in the papers created by Adelaide Schulkind Frank as well as copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns.
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
Extent.63 linear feet (1+1/2 file boxes)
This collection consists mainly of letters to Mrs. Frank, many being letters of appreciation and others either asking for aid or offering donations.
Adelaide Schulkind Frank was the Executive Secretary of the League for Mutual Aid for over thirty years. The League, founded in 1920, has helped individuals in the liberal and labor movements with loans and/or guidance, defraying the cost through annual memberships and other contributions.
Collection stored off site: researchers must request access 36 hours before use.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession numbers: 72-64, 74-188, 76-136
The papers of Adelaide Schulkind Frank were deposited with the Schlesinger Library in May 1972 by Adelaide Schulkind Frank.
- Box 1: folders 1-23, vol. 1
- Box 2: vol. 2, folders 24-25
Processed: January 1974
- Frank, Adelaide Schulkind. Papers of Adelaide Schulkind Frank, 1925-1972: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future. In addition to its traditional strengths in the history of feminisms, women’s health, and women’s activism, the Schlesinger collections document the intersectional workings of race and ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and class in American history.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA