Audiotape collection of the National Women's Political Caucus, 1977-2000
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Unrestricted audiovisual materials may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures. Restricted material may be copied only with the written permission of the executive director or president.
3 folders (3 slide folders)
Series II, WORKSHOPS, 1978-1991 (#86-130), contains training sessions in areas such as media coverage, as well as critiques for candidates running for office.
Series III, BIENNIAL CONVENTIONS, LOBBY DAYS, LUNCHEONS, ETC., 1970s-1993 (#131-208, 240-266), includes proceedings and speeches, often by well known politicians and public figures, from conventions, topical roundtable discussions, Lobby Days, and luncheons.
Series IV, RADIO AND LIVE PUBLIC APPEARANCES, 1977-1993 (#209-228), contains radio appearances by NWPC representatives and other high-profile speakers in interviews about the Caucus and topics related to women participating in politics. Live appearances include a celebration honoring the Caucus's collection being given to the Schlesinger Library.
Series V, PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS, ca.1980s (#229-234), contains Public Service Announcements [PSAs] for both the organization and its pro-Equal Rights Amendment and "Get Out the Vote" efforts.
Series VI, CAMPAIGN STRATEGY SLIDE SHOWS, ca.1979-1981 (#235-239), contains color slide shows with accompanying audiotapes.
Materials are audiocassettes unless otherwise noted.
- Series I. Committee meetings, 1979-2000 (#1-85)
- Series II. Workshops, 1978-1991 (#86-130)
- Series III. Biennial conventions, Lobby Days, luncheons, etc., 1970s-1993 (#131-208, 240-266)
- Series IV. Radio and live public appearances, 1977-1993 (#209-228)
- Series V. Public Service Announcements (PSAs), ca.1980s (#229-234)
- Series VI. Campaign strategy slide shows, ca.1979-1981 (#235-239)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These audiovisual materials were given to the Schlesinger Library by the National Women's Political Caucus (NWPC) between April 1991 and November 2005, and by Kathryn Willmore in November 2010.
By: Melissa Dollman
- Color slides
- Elections--United States
- Equal rights amendments--United States
- Feminism--United States
- Feminists--United States
- Legislators--United States
- Lobbying--United States
- Political conventions--United States
- Pro-choice movement--United States
- Radio public service announcements
- Sex discrimination against women--Law and legislation--United States
- Voting research--United States
- Women legislators--United States
- Women political activists
- Women political candidates
- Women's rights--United States
- Women--Political activity--United States
- Women--Social networks--United States
- Women--Societies and clubs
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.). Audiotape collection of the National Women's Political Caucus, 1977-2000: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA