Audiotape collection of the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, 1973-2000
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Audiotapes may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
Series II, Conferences and celebrations, 1979-2000 (#25-31), contains talks given by Collective members at conferences related to women's health and children's rights. Also includes a benefit in celebration of the organization's tenth anniversary.
Series III, Board and research meetings, 1977-1994 (#32-96), contains board meetings and informational presentations to board members by experts, and informal converations with women on a number of topics, including midwifery, postpartum depression, disabilities, etc.
Series IV, Related Research materials,1975-1994 (#97-123), contains a variety of recordings collected by the organization, on topics related to the Collective's research such as women's reproductive health, breast implants, midwifery, the Fat Liberation movement, contraceptives, etc.
- Series I. Radio appearances, 1973-2000 (#1-24)
- Series II. Conferences and celebrations, 1979-2000 (#25-31)
- Series III. Board and research meetings, 1977-1994 (#32-96)
- Series IV. Related research materials, 1975-1994 (#97-123)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These audiotapes were given to the Schlesinger Library by the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, via Judy Norsigian, in April 2010.
By: Melissa Dollman
- AIDS (Disease)--Prevention
- Body image
- Breast implants--Complications--United States
- Discrimination in medical care
- Equal rights amendments--United States
- Group decision making
- Health education--Latin America
- Health education--North America
- Health education--United States
- Medical laws and legislation--United States
- Older women--Health and hygiene
- Overweight women--Social conditions
- Patient advocacy--United States
- Pharmaceutical industry--Health aspects
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Pro-choice movement--United States
- Radio programs
- Reproductive health
- Surrogate motherhood
- Women health reformers--United States
- Women with disabilities
- Women's health services
- Women--Health and hygiene
- Women--Social networks
- Boston Women's Health Book Collective. Audiotape collection of the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, 1973-2000: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA