Papers of Nancy Wainer, 1973-2008 (inclusive), 1976-1998 (bulk)
- Majority of material found within 1976-1998
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
2.08 linear feet ((5 file boxes) plus 2 audiotapes, 1 videotape, electronic records)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers of Nancy Wainer were given to the Schlesinger Library by Nancy Wainer in September 2008.
Accession number: 2008-M153
Processed by: Susan Earle
The following items have been removed from the collection and transferred to the Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine:
- Partners in Perinatal Health 18th Annual Conference, May 15, 2007, Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- Safely Reducing Cesarean Rates..., June 8-9, 1998, Boston, Massachusetts.
- C/Sec Newsletter, 1975-1976
- Having a Section Is Having a Baby. Audiotapes, slides, and teacher's guide produced by C/Sec, Inc.
- Audiotapes of talks given at C/Sec, Inc. conference, October 17, 1981
- Cane, Aleta Feinsod. Frankly Speaking: A Pamphlet for Cesarean Parents. MA: C/Sec, Inc., 1976
- Cohen, Nancy, et al. Manual for Setting Up Prepared Childbirth Classes for Cesarean Parents, MA: C/Sec, Inc., 1976
- Shearer, Beth and Aleta Feinsod Cane. Frankly Speaking: A Pamphlet for Cesarean Parents, 2nd edition. MA: C/Sec, Inc., 1978
- Shearer, Beth. Manual for Setting Up Prepared Childbirth Classes for Cesarean Parents: Prepared Cesarean Birth and Vaginal Birth after Cesarean, 2nd edition. MA: C/Sec, Inc., 1983
- Frankly Speaking: A Book for Cesarean Parents, 3rd edition. Beth Shearer and Aleta Feinsod Cane, eds. MA: C/Sec, Inc., 1984
- Frankly Speaking: A Book for Cesarean Parents, 4th edition. Beth Shearer and Aleta Feinsod Cane, eds. MA: C/Sec, Inc., 1989
- Birth Trauma: A Modern Epidemic: The Cause of the First Subluxation. VHS videotape.
- Haire, Doris. O.B. Practices in the U.S. "What You Don't Know Can Hurt You." La Leche International, 1981. Audiotape.
- Once a Cesarian: Vaginal Birth after Cesarean. Edited Version for Labor Support, 1986. 3/4 inch u-matic videotape.
- Stewart, David. Childbirth Options: An Overview. La Leche League International, 1981. Audiotape.
By: Susan Earle
- Wainer, Nancy, 1947- . Papers of Nancy Wainer, 1973-2008 (inclusive), 1976-1998 (bulk): A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- Processing of this collection was made possible by a gift from the Radcliffe College Class of 1957.
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA