Skip to main content
COLLECTION Identifier: SC 49

Records of the Mothers and Daughters Club, 1926-1946

Overview

Mother and Daughters Club records and correspondence concerning the Bunker Fund.

Dates

  • 1926-1946

Language of Materials

Materials in English.

Access Restrictions:

Access. Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Copyright. Copyright in the records created by the Mothers and Daughters Club as well as copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns.

Copying. Records may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.

Extent

.21 linear feet (1/2 file box)
The papers include records of the Club and correspondence.

History

The Mothers and Daughters Club was established in 1926 to "make a bond of acquaintance between daughters of Radcliffe mothers and mothers of Radcliffe daughters." The Club had the responsibility of administering the Helen Cordelia Bunker Fund "for purposes of kindliness and service to individual girls." The Club was discontinued about 1946.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Accession number: R77-13

Given by Mary Hough Hurd '26, November 16, 1977

Processing Information

Processed: July 1980

By: Eric Lindquist
Link to catalog
Title
Mothers and Daughters Club (Radcliffe College). Records of the Mothers and Daughters Club, 1926-1946: A Finding Aid
Author
Radcliffe College Archives, Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
EAD ID
sch01145

Repository Details

Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository

The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.

Contact:
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA
(617) 495-8647