Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
4.21 linear feet ((1/2 file box, 4 cartons) plus 1 folio+ folder)
The collection consists of Bertha Sanford Gruenberg's newspaper and magazine articles, speeches and correspondence. The Camp Waziyatah material includes the camp newspaper, correspondence with parents, records of camp activities and character reports on campers.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was given to the Schlesinger Library by Bertha Sanford Gruenberg in 1964, 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969.
- Box 1: 1-2k
- Carton 2: 3-30
- Carton 3: 31-68
- Carton 4: 69-84
- Carton 5: 85-110
By: Jane S. Knowles
Updated: June 2016
By: Lillianne Keaney
- Child development
- Child rearing--United States
- Girls--Societies and clubs
- Jewish women--United States
- Lecturers--United States
- Maine--Social life and customs--20th century
- Philadelphia (Pa.)--Social life and customs--20th century
- Philadelphia (Pa.)--Societies and clubs
- Women journalists--United States
- Gruenberg, Bertha Sanford. Papers of Bertha Sanford Gruenberg, 1898-1962: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA