Lloyd L. Weinreb papers
This collection documents the professional career of Lloyd Weinreb. The collection includes correspondence, case notes, writings, readings, and teaching and administrative materials.
- 1962 - 2014
Conditions Governing Access
Access to these papers is governed by the rules and regulations of the Harvard Law School Library. This collection is open to the public, but is housed off-site at Harvard Depository and requires 2 business-day advance notice for retrieval. Consult the Historical & Special Collections staff for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
The Harvard Law School Library holds copyright on some, but not all, of the material in our collections. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be directed to the Historical and Special Collections staff. Researchers who obtain permission to publish from the Harvard Law School Library are also responsible for identifying and contacting the persons or organizations who hold copyright.
Extent19 linear feet (40 manuscript boxes, 2 paige boxes.)
The Lloyd Weinreb Papers cover the entirety of Weinreb's professional career as professor, lawyer, and author. The collection spans the 1960s to 2010s, and contains correspondence, teaching materials, reports, publications, and photographs. The majority of the collection is professional in nature, though there is a small quantity of personal materials.
- 1936Born in Cambridge, MA
- 1957 Graduated with a B.A. degree from Dartmouth College.
- 1959 Graduated with a B.A. degree in Philosophy Politics and Economics from the University of Oxford
- 1962 Graduated with an LL.B. degree from Harvard Law School.
- 1963 Graduated with an M.A. degree from the University of Oxford.
- 1965 Appointed to Harvard Law School faculty.
- 1968Became a full professor at Harvard Law School.
- 2014 Retired from Harvard Law School as the Dane Professor of Law, Emeritus.
- Born in Cambridge, MA
- Graduated with a B.A. degree from Dartmouth College.
- Graduated with a B.A. degree in Philosophy Politics and Economics from the University of Oxford
- Graduated with an LL.B. degree from Harvard Law School.
- Graduated with an M.A. degree from the University of Oxford.
- Appointed to Harvard Law School faculty.
- Became a full professor at Harvard Law School.
- Retired from Harvard Law School as the Dane Professor of Law, Emeritus.
Within each series and/or subseries individual items or folders are identified by box and folder number. For example, the number 5-3 corresponds to box 5, folder 3.
Processed by Jean Olivo, November 2016 and Jane Kelly, April 2017.
- Weinreb, Lloyd L. Papers: 1962-2014 Finding Aid
- Harvard Law School Library, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard Law School Library, Historical & Special Collections Repository
Harvard Law School Library's Historical & Special Collections (HSC) collects, preserves, and makes available research materials for the study of the law and legal history. HSC holds over 8,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02138 USA