Sidney Post Simpson papers
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Extent1 collection (6 Paige boxes)
b. Galesburg, Illinois, August 4, 1898.
s. James Clarke and Harriette Helene (Post) S.
A.B. Knox College, 1917; LL.B., Harvard Law School, 1922.
m. Anne Paine Washburn, February 19, 1934.
Practiced law in Washington D.C., 1922-1925, New York City, 1925-1931; partner Hines, Rearick, Dorr, Travis & Marshall, 1930-1931.
Consultant on cost of crime, National Crime Commission on Law Observance and Enforcement, 1929-1931.
Professor of Law, Harvard University, 1931-1947.
Fellow American Academy Arts and Sciences.
Member American Bar Association.
d. October 6, 1949, New York, NY
- Report on the Cost of Crime (with G.H. Dorr), 1931.
- Cases on Equity (with Z. Chafee, Jr.), 1934.
- Cases on Judicial Remedies (41st A.W. Scott), 1938.
- Also articles in legal periodicals.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Simpson, Sidney Post. Papers, 1922-1931: Finding Aid.
- Harvard Law School LibraryCambridge, MA 02138
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard Law School Library, Historical & Special Collections Repository
Harvard Law School Library's Historical & Special Collections (HSC) collects, preserves, and makes available research materials for the study of the law and legal history. HSC holds over 8,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02138 USA