Papers of Stanley Smith Stevens, 1931-1973
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Use of Collection
9.4 cubic feet (28 boxes and 2 folders)
Biography of Stanley Smith Stevens
Organization of Collection
- Professional Organizations
- Georg Von Békésy
Provenance and Acquisition Information
Accession 7354 May 9, 1974.
Accession 7375 June 17, 1974
Accession 7544 February 20, 1975
Accession 8064 March 1, 1977.
- Acoustical Society of America.
- American Physiological Society (1887)
- American Psychological Association.
- Harvard University -- Psychology.
- Harvard University. Department of Psychology -- Admissions.
- Harvard University. Department of Psychology -- Faculty.
- Harvard University. Department of Psychology -- Students.
- National Research Council (U.S.)
- National Science Foundation (U.S.)
- Psychoacoustics -- Research.
- Psychology -- Research.
- Psychology -- Societies, etc.
- Psychophysics -- Research.
- Ross, Strange.
- Skinner, B.F. (Burrhus Frederic), 1904-1990
- Stevens, S.S. (Stanley Smith), 1906-1973.
- University of Hawaii.
- Von Békésy, Georg, 1899-1972.
- Stevens, S. S. (Stanley Smith), 1906-1973. Papers of Stanley Smith Stevens : an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- Published in 2000
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English .
- This finding aid has been encoded by the Center for History of Physics, American Institute of Physics as part of a collaborative project supported by a grant from the National Endowment of the Humanities, an independent federal agency. Collaboration members in 1999 consisted of: American Institute of Physics, California Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, Rice University, University of Alaska, University of Illinois, and University of Texas.
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA