Book of Latin orations, 1652-1711, 1652-1711
Book of Latin orations contents
- Four versions of Leverett's 1711 oration, three of them beginning "Non semel tantum"
- President Oakes' Oratio I of 1672
- President Oakes' Oratio II of 1675 (p. 11)
- President Oakes' Oratio [4?] of 1677 (p. 29)
- President Oakes' Oratio 5 of 1678 (p. 54)
- Fragment of oration by Leverett or [William?] Brattle of 1689 (p. 77
- Nathaniel Rogers' Valedictory of 1652 (p. 93)
- Leverett's greeting to Sir Edmund Andros, 1686 (p. 99)
- Oratio Salutatoria, 1703 (p. 104), probably Everett's
- Leverett's Oratio of 1708 (p. 114)
Several of the orations in the Book of Latin orations have been published. President Oakes' Oration [4?] of 1677 appears in the Publications of The Colonial Society of Massachusetts, vol. 31, pp. 405-436. Nathaniel Rogers' Valedictory of 1652 (p. 93) appears in the Publications of The Colonial Society of Massachusetts, vol. 31, pp. 393-401.
Conditions on Use and Access
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA