Diary, 1707-1723, 1707-1723
- Tabular summary of the diary years
- Benjamin Wadsworth's minutes of Leverett's installation as president of Harvard College in January 1708
- Details of Leverett's inauguration, including his Latin inaugural oration; Governor Joseph Dudley's Latin oration given at Leverett's inauguration, January 14, 1708
- Leverett's Latin addresses at the inaugurations of Joseph Stevens as Fellow of the College, February 14, 1712, Edward Holyoke as Resident Fellow, September 20, 1712, and Edward Wigglesworth as Hollis Professor of Divinity, October 23, 1722
- Address of Thirty-Nine Ministers to Governor Dudley, with their names and residences, in which the ministers express their happiness over the appointment of Leverett as president of Harvard College
- Description of the controversy involving student Ebenezer Pierpont and tutor Nicholas Sever(because of various infractions, Pierpont was denied his second degree by Sever)
- Copies of acts of the General Court related to the College charters
- Essay Concerning Innate or Inbred Knowledgeexcerpted from Bishop William Sherlock's work on immortality, A Discourse Concerning the Happiness of Good Men,1705.
Conditions on Use and Access
Extent2 cubic feet (2 document boxes, 2 legal half document boxes, 4 volumes, 2 flat boxes, 3 microfilm reels)
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA