Emerson family additional correspondence, compositions and photographs,
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent1 linear foot (2 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Emerson family correspondence
- ___A. Letters from Charles Chauncy Emerson
- ___B. Letters from Ellen Tucker Emerson
- ___C. Letters from Lidian Jackson Emerson
- ___D. Letters from Mary Moody Emerson
- ___E. Letters from Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ___F. Letters from Elizabeth Hoar
- ___G. Correspondence of other Emerson family members
- II. Compositions
- III. Emerson family photographs
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Dealer's lists removed to curatorial file, but numbers are cited in entries below. Transcripts of some letters are included in the curatorial file in the dealer's lists.
- Emerson family. Emerson family additional correspondence, compositions and photographs, 1776-1912: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA