John Eldon Thayer collection of motion picture memorabilia
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
A portion of this collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies and times.
35 linear feet (70 boxes)
Thayer also complied a series of scrapbooks as well as collecting autographs in small blank books. Other materials collected by Thayer include clippings, motion picture posters, and realia.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Photographs collected by John Eldon Thayer
- I-A. Actors from motion pictures (visual works)
- I-B. Scenes from motion pictures (visual works)
- I-C. Other photographs
- II. Letters to John Eldon Thayer
- III. Compositions
- IV. Collected material
- IV-A. Autograph books
- IV-B. Clippings and files
- IV-C. Posters
- IV-D. Other collected material
- V. Scrapbooks
- VI. Realia
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Thayer, John Eldon, 1899-1980. John Eldon Thayer collection of motion picture memorabilia, 1916-1979: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA