Ralph Waldo Emerson edition papers
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies and times.
Extent3.5 linear feet (8 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Ralph Waldo Emerson Memorial Association inventories of Emerson materials
- II. Early lectures of Ralph Waldo Emerson: General files
- III. Early lectures of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Volume I (1833-1836)
- IV. Early lectures of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Volume II (1836-1841), typescripts
- V. Early lectures of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Volume II (1836-1841), typescript carbons
- VI. Ralph Waldo Emerson journals and miscellaneous notebooks vol. V: edition papers
- VII. William Henry Gilman and Harrison Heyford papers for editing Emerson
Immediate Source of Acquisition
91M-85. Gift of Harrison Hayford, Professor of English, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois; received: 1992 June 7.
Part of the MS Storage project, 2008-2009.
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, 1803-1882. Ralph Waldo Emerson edition papers,1946-1968: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA