Daniel Webster and Caroline Webster papers
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
.5 linear feet (1 box)
Biographical / Historical
- I. MS Am 1462: Mr. W. and I
- II. MS Am 1462.1: Calling cards
- III. MS Am 1462.2: Letters to Daniel and Caroline Webster
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Manuscripts originally accessioned as *43M-182 & 183 have been re-accessioned as *55M-270 in order to list them in detail.
These manuscripts were given by Mrs. Hamlin Smith (Helena Hall Smith) to the Women's Division of the Cambridge War Finance Committee of the Third War Loan Drive of 1943, and awarded by the Committee to the Corporation as the largest Cambridge subscriber to the Drive.
- Webster, Daniel, 1782-1852. Daniel Webster and Caroline Webster papers, 1822-1839: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA