- 1881-1952 (inclusive),
- Majority of material found within 1881-1909 .
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
1 collection (5 linear feet (3 volumes and 6 boxes))
Biographical / Historical
- I. bMS Am 1759: Lectures on Japanese art
- II. bMS Am 1759.1: Notebooks
- III. bMS Am 1759.2: Compositions and correspondence
- ___A. Compositions by Ernest Francisco Fenollosa
- ___B. Correspondence
- ___C. Other compositions
- IV. bMS Am 1759.3: Additional correspondence and other papers
- V. pfMS Am 1759.4: Printed materials concerning Fenollosa
Immediate Source of Acquisition
*65M-157. Bequest of Dr. E. G. Stillman; received: 1966 March. Manuscripts transferred from Widener Library.
*71M-24. Manuscripts transferred fromWidener Library; received: 1971 July. These Fenollosa manuscripts were purchased by Dr. Ernest Goodrich Stillman at the Walpole Galleries in January 1920. Many of the manuscripts carry a bookplate indicating they belonged to Dr. Stillman's Japanese Collection in the Harvard College Library.
*78M-19. Gift of Mr. Owen Biddle, 1025 Old Gulph Road, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania 19010; received: 1979 March.
- Fenollosa, Ernest Francisco, 1853-1908. Ernest Francisco Fenollosa papers, 1881-1952: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA