Robert E. Sherwood papers
- Majority of material found within 1934-1955
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent27 linear feet (79 boxes and 1 oversize volume )
Biographical / Historical
- bMS Am 1947: Robert E. Sherwood Papers
- I. Correspondence
- A. Letters to Sherwood
- B. Letters from Sherwood
- C. Other letters
- II. Compositions
- A. Plays
- B. Roosevelt and Hopkins
- i. Research notes
- ii. Synopses of interviews with various persons
- iii. Outlines, introduction, table of contents, etc.
- iv. First version
- v. Second version
- vi. Mimeographed version
- vii. Footnotes, corrections, galley proofs, etc.
- C. Articles, short stories, book reviews, etc.
- D. Speeches
- E. Speeches written for others
- i. Speeches for Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- ii. Speeches for Adlai Ewing Stevenson
- iii. Speeches for others
- F. Contracts, receipts, awards, and scrapbooks
- III. Compositions by others
- bMS Am 1947.1: Letters to Madeline Sherwood
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2015M-109. Gift of Harriet Alonso; received: 2016 February 16.
- Sherwood, Robert E. (Robert Emmet), 1896-1955. Robert E. Sherwood papers, 1917-1968: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA