L. E. Sissman papers
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent4 linear feet (15 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I.. Letters to Louis Edward Sissman
- II. Letters from Louis Edward Sissman
- III. Other letters
- IV. Compositions
- ___A. Early poems: 1945-1949
- ___B. Poems
- ___C. Book-length compositions, notebooks, and outlines
- ___D. Prose
- ___E. Other
- V. bMS Am 1985.1: Other manuscripts
Immediate Source of Acquisition
80M-27. Gift of Peter Davison, The Atlantic Monthly Press; received: 1981.
Martha Ruggles Bernhard Updike formerly listed as Mrs. John Updike.
- Sissman, L. E., 1928-1976. L. E. Sissman papers, 1944-1981: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA