Benjamin Robert Haydon papers
Conditions Governing Use
5 linear feet (35 volumes and 2 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I. MS Eng 1331: Journals
- ___A. Journals
- ___B. The Life of Benjamin Robert Haydon
- ___C. Notebook
- ___D. Genealogical Scrapbook
- II. MS Eng 1331.1: Correspondence and other papers
- ___A. Letters removed from the Journals
- ___B. Manuscripts, drawings and miscellanea removed from the Journals
- ___C. Letters and manuscripts removed from the Genealogical Scrapbook
- ___D. Letters addressed to Haydon's family after his death
- ___E. Other letters, manuscripts and miscellanea
- III. MS Eng 1331.2: Letters to Mary (Cawrse) Hyman Haydon
- IV. MS Eng 1331.3: Fiches for Haydon collection
- V. MS Eng 1331.4: Additional manuscripts
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mr. Willard Bissell Pope, 100 Overlake Park, Burlington Vermont; received: 17 Oct 1977.
The volumes came into his possession in 1951 when he bought them from M. Buxton Forman, who purchased them in 1935 from the estate of a descendant of Haydon.
Gift of Mr. Willard Bissell Pope, 100 Overlake Park, Burlington Vermont; received: 1980.
Manuscripts purchased from Paul Grinke (Rare books) ltd., 38 Devonshire Place London with 81-101-124, the gift of Prof.Willard B. Pope, 100 Overlake Park Burlington, Vermont 05401, given in memory of Evelyn Ryan Pope; received: Jun 1981.
- Haydon, Benjamin Robert, 1786-1846. Benjamin Robert Haydon papers: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA