Lysons family letters from Hester Lynch Piozzi
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent.4 linear feet (1 box)
Other letters are largely social in nature, and written mostly in or near London; and in Brynbella near Denbigh, Wales.
Biographical / Historical
Immediate Source of Acquisition
All but nine of these letters have been published in Bloom.
- Balderston, Katherine C., ed., Thraliana: The Diary of Mrs. Hester Lynch Thrale (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1942)
- Bloom, Edward A., and Lillian A. Bloom, eds., The Piozzi Letters: Correspondence of Hester Lynch Piozzi, 1784-1821 (Formerly Mrs. Thrale) (Newark, Del.: University of Delaware, 1989-2002)
- Clifford, James L., Hester Lynch Piozzi (Mrs. Thrale) (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1941)
- Lysons family, recipient. Lysons family letters from Hester Lynch Piozzi: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA