Andrew R. Towl papers
Conditions Governing Access
Extent20.5 linear feet (44 boxes)
Towl’s research and writing records are also represented. These materials document several research projects, including two large and closely related projects: the Directors Study and the Executive Compensation Study. Records in this series include notes, project reports, drafts, and interviews. Some of the companies involved in these projects include the Standard Oil Company, United Fruit Company, General Foods Corporation, and the Lincoln Electric Company.
Towl’s administrative roles at HBS, including those involving case development, distribution, and research are also documented. The administrative and Executive Education records series include records of committees, memos, and budget information. Also present is a series of “Audograph” electronic soundwriter disks (audiographs) that contain recorded discussions of cases.
- Series I. Correspondence and Subject Files, 1934-1974
- ___Subseries A. Correspondence and Subject Files, 1934-1956
- ___Subseries B. Correspondence and Subject Files: Adminstrative Records [Restricted], 1955-1974
- ___Subseries C. Correspondence and Subject Files: Student and Personal Records [Restricted], 1935-1957
- Series II. HBS Teaching Records: Executive Education Programs, 1948-1970
- ___Subseries A. HBS Executive Education Programs, 1948-1954
- ___Subseries B. HBS Executive Education Programs: Administrative Records [Restricted], 1955-1970
- Series III. HBS Research and Writing Records, 1937-1970
- ___Subseries A. HBS Research and Writing, 1937-1958
- ___Subseries B. HBS Research and Writing: Administrative Records, 1962-1963
- ___Subseries C. HBS Research and Writing: Student and Personal Records [Restricted], 1948-1970
- Series IV. HBS Administrative Records, 1921-1973
- ___Subseries A. HBS Administrative Records, 1921-1955
- ___Subseries B. HBS Administrative Records [Restricted], 1946-1973
- ___Subseries C. HBS Administrative Records: Student Records [Restricted], 1932-1970
- Series V. Audiovisual Records [Restricted], 1950-1957
By: Lisa Moorhead; revised Laura Williams, May 2009; Ben Johnson July 2010.
- Towl, Andrew Renwick, 1910-. Andrew R. Towl Papers, 1921-1974: A Finding Aid
- Baker Library
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University Repository
Baker Library Special Collections holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA