Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The Harvard Underwater Sound Laboratory was operated by the University from 1941 to 1949 under contract to the National Defense Research Committee/Office of Scientific Research and Development. Research at the Lab focused on the improvement of equipment for the detection of underwater sound and the design of new equipment. The records document experiments, apparatus, and Lab administration. Topics include underwater acoustics and sonar.
The Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory was established in 1940 to conduct research on speech, hearing, and communications during World War II. It continued to operate after the War and in 1962 it was renamed the Laboratory of Psychophysics. These records document the activities of the laboratory.