COLLECTIONS: 1 - 10 of 10
The Brigham and Women’s Hospital records are the product of the hospital’s administrative, fundraising, publication, and public relations activities, the bulk of which cover the years 1980 through 2000. The collection is open-ended and new records are added as they are acquired.
Records in the Carl W. Walter Papers were created by Walter during the course of his career as a medical researcher, founder of Fenwal Laboratories, and member of the Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, faculty. The collection includes: correspondence, photographs, film reels, speeches, meeting minutes, notebooks, and research files.
H. P. (Henry Pickering) Bowditch (1840-1911) established the first physiological laboratory at Harvard Medical School and taught at the school for 35 years. The collection consists mainly of correspondence but also includes family research records, personal papers including military records, lectures, writings, and manuscript materials.
The Peter Bent Brigham Hospital records are the product of the hospital’s administrative, fundraising, publication, and public relations activities, as well as construction projects and training programs. The bulk of the records date from 1911 through 1980.
The collection consists of materials reflecting the organization, administration, and activities of the Wives of Aesculapius, an organization created by the wives of members of the Aesculapian Club at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. Records include correspondence, minutes, membership surveys, scrapbooks, realia, and play scripts.