COLLECTIONS: 1 - 3 of 3
The Harvard Underwater Sound Laboratory was operated by the University from 1941 to 1949 under contract to the National Defense Research Committee/Office of Scientific Research and Development. Research at the Lab focused on the improvement of equipment for the detection of underwater sound and the design of new equipment. The records document experiments, apparatus, and Lab administration. Topics include underwater acoustics and sonar.
Records of the Mary Ingraham Bunting Institute contain the office files of the deans and directors of the Institute: Constance E. Smith, Alice Kimball Smith, Susan Storey Lyman (Acting Director), Patricia Albjerg Graham, Marion Kilson, Mary Baughman Anderson (Acting Director), and Margaret McKenna.
Correspondence, speeches, minutes, annual reports, deeds, programs, financial records, newsletters and other publications, press releases, photographs, a videotape, and clippings, etc., of the South Boston Neighborhood House.