COLLECTIONS: 1 - 10 of 44
Overview: The Alexander Forbes papers, 1827, 1835, 1848-1978 (inclusive), 1910-1946 (bulk), are the product of Forbes' teaching and research activities in the Department of Physiology at Harvard Medical School. The bulk of the collection falls between 1910 and 1946, and consists of Forbes' correspondence, manuscripts, drafts, and notes resulting from his reseach on neurophysiology and electrophysiology. The collection also includes correspondence, reports, notes, documents, journals, logs, maps,...
Overview: Autographs, letters, calling cards, bookplates, etc., of 85 American women collected by Bella Clara Landauer.
Overview: Chiefly papers of editor and author Sophia Bledsoe Herrick, as well as papers and photographs of the Coxe, Bledsoe, Herrick, Fox, Wall, and Hunt families.
Overview: These records provide detailed and comprehensive account of the activities of the Cambridge Electron Accelerator. In so doing, they document research in experimental high-energy physics from 1962-1974.
Overview: The Charles Van Depoele papers spans the years 1877-1946 and contains the inventor and industrial consultant's work with electricity and electric power including patents, drawings, scattered legal and business papers, and photographs of some of his inventions in use.
Overview: Contains early records of the Massachusetts School for the Feeble-Minded, patient records from Benda's private psychiatric practice in Arlington, Mass. and Boston, Mass., correspondence and records from his time as Director of Research at the Fernald School, papers documenting his early studies and clinical work in Berlin before immigrating to the U.S., as well as records produced by research, lecturing, consulting, and other professional activities.
Overview: Leo Goldberg (1913-1987) was an American astronomer with appointments to the University of Michigan, Harvard, the United States National Observatory at Kitt Peak, and the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Materials document Goldberg's career, chiefly post-1960.
Overview: The Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory was established in 1940 to conduct research on speech, hearing, and communications during World War II. It continued to operate after the War and in 1962 it was renamed the Laboratory of Psychophysics. These records document the activities of the laboratory.