COLLECTIONS: 1 - 8 of 8
The American Academy of Dental Science records reflect the work and administration of the Academy, founded 1867 in Boston, Massachusetts, as a professional organization for dentists. Records include correspondence, member photographs, membership ledgers, and minute books including notes from meetings through the nineteenth century into the 1960s.
H. P. (Henry Pickering) Bowditch (1840-1911) established the first physiological laboratory at Harvard Medical School and taught at the school for 35 years. The collection consists mainly of correspondence but also includes family research records, personal papers including military records, lectures, writings, and manuscript materials.
The Peter Bent Brigham Hospital records are the product of the hospital’s administrative, fundraising, publication, and public relations activities, as well as construction projects and training programs. The bulk of the records date from 1911 through 1980.