COLLECTIONS: 1 - 14 of 14
The Brigham and Women’s Hospital records are the product of the hospital’s administrative, fundraising, publication, and public relations activities, the bulk of which cover the years 1980 through 2000. The collection is open-ended and new records are added as they are acquired.
Records in this collection were created by Charles Miller Fisher during his practice as a neurologist in Montreal, Canada, and Boston, Massachusetts. The collection includes patient notes and records, research notes, manuscript drafts, X-rays, slides, photographs, and memorabilia. Topics in the collection include dementia, transient ischemic attack, normal pressure hydrocephalus, transient monocular blindness, stroke, hemiplegia, headache, vasospasm, and arterial dissection.
Records in the Carl W. Walter Papers were created by Walter during the course of his career as a medical researcher, founder of Fenwal Laboratories, and member of the Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, faculty. The collection includes: correspondence, photographs, film reels, speeches, meeting minutes, notebooks, and research files.
The George Cheever Shattuck papers consist of records collected and created by Shattuck in the course of his lifetime. Shattuck was a physician specializing in tropical medicine and published a textbook on the subject in 1951. He accompanied and led expeditions in Africa, Central America, and South America, and was a member of Richard P. Strong’s 1915-1916 medical relief mission to Serbia.
This finding aid describes photographs, prints and other images portraying the affiliated hospitals of Harvard Medical School.
The photographs described in this finding aid portray clubs and associations whose members are Harvard Medical School students, alumni, or faculty.
Correspondence, articles, speeches, notes, clippings, and awards of physician Alice Hamilton.
The Peter Bent Brigham Hospital records are the product of the hospital’s administrative, fundraising, publication, and public relations activities, as well as construction projects and training programs. The bulk of the records date from 1911 through 1980.
The collection consists of materials reflecting the organization, administration, and activities of the Wives of Aesculapius, an organization created by the wives of members of the Aesculapian Club at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. Records include correspondence, minutes, membership surveys, scrapbooks, realia, and play scripts.