Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
.83 linear feet ((2 file boxes) plus 2 oversize volumes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These papers were given to the Schlesinger Library in memory of Abigail Williams May by the descendants of her father and mother, Samuel and Mary (Goddard) May, via one of their great-grandsons, Robert Morse May, in April 1963, and in January, April, and June 1964.
- Box 1: Folders 1-24
- Box 2: Folders 25-55, A-134.1 - A-134.4
By: Anne Engelhart
- Account books
- Boston (Mass.)--Social life and customs
- Family records
- Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879
- Great Britain--Description and travel
- New England--Social life and customs
- New Englanders--Family relationships
- Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915
- Woman suffrage
- Women social reformers
- May family. Papers of the May and Goddard families, 1766-1912: A Finding Aid.
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA