Additional papers of Mary J. Coggeshall, 1867-1912
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
3.58 linear feet ((2 file boxes, 1 folio+ box) plus 1 folio+ folder, 2 photograph folders)
The collection is arranged alphabetically; folders were titled by the archivist.
Most of the photographs in this collection are or will be digitized and available online.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These papers of Mary J. Coggeshall were given to the Schlesinger Library by John Gray, widower of Coggeshall's granddaughter, Helen Lingenfelter Gray, in August 1992.
Accession number: 92-M140
Processed by: Jenny Gotwals
The following items have been transferred to the Schlesinger Library books and published material department:
- Woman's Hour, 1877-1878 (Vol. 1, No.2; Vol. 2, No. 1-2, 4-5) and 1880 (September)
- Woman Suffrage Leaflet, 1893-1895 (Vol. 6, No. 1; Vol. 7, No. 6) and 1904 (Vol. 11, No. 1)
By: Jenny Gotwals
- Polk County (Iowa)
- Suffrage--United States
- Women's rights--United States
- Women--Political activity
- Women--Societies and clubs
- Women--Suffrage--Caricatures and cartoons
- Women--Suffrage--United States
- Coggeshall, Mary J., 1836-1911. Additional papers of Mary J. Coggeshall, 1867-1912: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- Processing of this collection was made possible by a gift from the Alice Jeannette Ward Fund.
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA