Pro-life movement newsletter and periodical collection of the Schlesinger Library, 1972-2009
Collection of pro-life movement newsletters and periodicals for which the Schlesinger Library holds three or fewer issues.
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright. Copyright in the materials in the pro-life movement newsletter and periodical collection of the Schlesinger Library may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns.
Copying. Materials may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
Extent1 linear feet ((1 carton) plus 3 folio+ folders)
This is a collection of pro-life movement newsletters and periodicals for which the Schlesinger Library holds three or fewer issues. Titles are periodically removed from this list if the Library acquires additional issues; titles are then cataloged individually in the HOLLIS catalog.
Titles are arranged alphabetically by the publishing organization. These include state-wide pro-life groups, individuals, "crisis" pregnancy centers, religious groups, etc.
This list does not represent the extensive collection of periodicals at the Schlesinger Library that are cataloged individually; please consult the catalog and public services staff for access to those titles.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Periodicals were removed from the Additional records of NARAL Pro-choice Massachusetts (MC 659), the Additional records of the National Organization for Women (MC 666), the Papers of Mildred Jefferson (MC 696), the Papers of Jane O'Reilly (MC 780), and assorted other collections.
Container list: January 2012
Updated: February 2014 and February 2016
By: Jenny Gotwals
- Abortion--Moral and ethical aspects--United States
- Pro-life movement--Australia
- Pro-life movement--California
- Pro-life movement--Colorado
- Pro-life movement--Florida
- Pro-life movement--Illinois
- Pro-life movement--Iowa
- Pro-life movement--Kentucky
- Pro-life movement--Maryland
- Pro-life movement--Massachusetts
- Pro-life movement--Michigan
- Pro-life movement--Minnesota
- Pro-life movement--Missouri
- Pro-life movement--Nevada
- Pro-life movement--New York
- Pro-life movement--North Dakota
- Pro-life movement--Ohio
- Pro-life movement--Oregon
- Pro-life movement--Pennsylvania
- Pro-life movement--Texas
- Pro-life movement--United States
- Pro-life movement--Virginia
- Pro-life movement--Wisconsin
- Pro-life movement newsletter and periodical collection of the Schlesinger Library, 1972-2009: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future. In addition to its traditional strengths in the history of feminisms, women’s health, and women’s activism, the Schlesinger collections document the intersectional workings of race and ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and class in American history.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA