Records of the Radcliffe College Office of the Graduate Dean, 1879-1971
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Records may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
13.89 linear feet (30 file boxes, 1 folio+ box)
Records of the office of the Graduate Dean represent the working papers of that office from 1934-1968. They consist of correspondence with graduates and departments, information on financial aid offered to graduate students in the form of fellowships, scholarships and loans; graduate housing (including the Cronkhite Graduate Center), discussion of the reasons for the merger of the Radcliffe and Harvard graduate schools in 1962. Individual student folders to 1962 have been interfiled with those of undergraduates in RG XXI. Folders on graduate students from 1963 are found in the records of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Ph.D. theses prior to 1962 have been removed to Harvard University archives.
- Series 1. Card file on graduate students arranged by college of origin, 1879-1962. 1 card file box.
- Series 2. Office files, arranged alphabetically by subject, 1934-1968. 23 file boxes.
- Series 3. Card file on Ph.Ds, arranged alphabetically by name of student 1902-1962. 1 card file box.
- Series 4. Office files of Wilma Kerby-Miller, Dean of Radcliffe Graduates, 1959-1963 and Dean of Harvard Graduate Women, 1963-1967, 1959-1971. Some files restricted. See inventory. 5 file boxes.
By: Jane S. Knowles
- Radcliffe College. Office of the Graduate Dean. Records of the Radcliffe College Office of the Graduate Dean, 1879-1971: A Finding Aid
- Radcliffe College Archives, Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA