Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
1.25 linear feet (3 file boxes)
As a lecturer and author of articles on East Asian economics and politics, Schumpeter advocated a "moderate isolationist" policy in the Pacific during the years preceding World War II. She was assistant editor of the Quarterly Journal of Economics. During her years at Harvard, she divided her time between Cambridge and Taconic, Connecticut, where she ran a small nursery.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was received by the Schlesinger Library in July 1967 from Lucy Talcott.
Accession number: 1182
Processed by: John Hopkins, December 1979
The following items have been removed from the collection and sent to Harvard University Archives, January 1980:
- 2 folders of Joseph A. Schumpeter papers
- Harvard Economic Service publications
- International Statistical Institute publications
- Duplicate periodicals re: East Asia
- American Institute of Pacific Relations: "A List of Scholars Available for Lectures..." 1937
- Box 1: 1-17
- Box 2: 18-45
- Box 3: 46-59
By: Judith Avrett
- Schumpeter, Elizabeth Boody. Papers of Elizabeth Boody Schumpeter, 1938-1953: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA