Records of the United States President's Commission on the Status of Women, 1961-1963
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Records may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
4.17 linear feet (10 file boxes)
More complete files may be found in the Women's Bureau, United States Department of Labor, in Washington, D.C. The files of the Committee are with the Interdepartmental Committee on the Status of Women, Department of Labor. Document numbers can be found in parenthesis following description of the item.
For final reports of the Commission and its committees see the Schlesinger Library book collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of President's Commission on the Status of Women, Washington 25, D.C. Received Feb., July 1962, Jan. 1963, Jan. 1964
- Box 1: 1-9
- Box 2: 10-13
- Box 3: 14-19
- Box 4: 20-27
- Box 5: 28-34
- Box 6: 35-41
- Box 7: 42-54
- Box 8: 55-62
- Box 9: 63-72
- Box 10: 73-84
- Executive departments--United States
- Labor laws and legislation
- Press releases
- Sex discrimination against women--Law and legislation
- Social security
- Taxation--Law and legislation--United States
- Women's rights
- Women--Education--Law and legislation
- Women--Employment--Law and legislation
- Women--Legal status, laws, etc.
- United States. President's Commission on the Status of Women. Records of the United States President's Commission on the Status of Women, 1961-1963: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA