Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
11.83 linear feet (11 cartons, 2 file boxes)
- Series I: Biographical data and correspondence
- ___A. Photographs, biographical data, diaries
- ___B. Family correspondence
- ___C. Helen Howe's correspondence with friends
- ___D. Helen Howe's professional correspondence (see also Series II)
- Series II: Helen Howe's writings, including correspondence re: novels and books.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was received by the Schlesinger Library from Reginald Allen, Helen Howe's husband and literary executor in December 1977 and July 1978.
- Box 1: Photographs
- Carton 2: 1-31
- Carton 3: 32-68
- Carton 4: 69-98
- Carton 5: 99-129
- Carton 6: 130-190
- Carton 7: 191-232
- Carton 8: 233-262
- Carton 9: 263-300
- Carton 10: 301-313
- Carton 11: Drafts of The Gentle Americans
- Carton 12: Drafts and notes for "The Center," 1968-1972, Helen Howe's unpublished novel.
- Box 13: Items removed from #142, 143 CLOSED UNTIL JANUARY 1, 2027; and #147-150, 150-155 CLOSED DURING THE LIFETIMES OF THE CORRESPONDENTS.
By: Jane S. Knowles
- Howe, Helen, 1905-1975. Papers of Helen Howe, 1872-1975: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA