Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
1.25 linear feet ((3 file boxes) plus 1 audiocassette)
The folders are arranged in chronological order by subject, then chronologically within each topic. When possible, the folder titles provided by the donor have been retained. Folder headings not in brackets [ ] are those of the donor.
In the 1960s, she was inspired by The Feminine Mystique to join the women's movement. She has challenged dress codes and "men only" restrictions in exclusive restaurants, served on the Health Task Force of the Massachusetts Governor's Commission on the Status of Women, worked on the state Equal Rights Amendment campaign, and helped write a chapter for the first draft of the book, Our Bodies, Ourselves. Gold has been involved in many protests, teach-ins, and birth control campaigns, and was a charter member of the Boston chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW). She is also a member of the Older Women's League and the National Women's Health Network.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers of Patricia Gold were given to the Schlesinger Library by Patricia Gold in December 1990, and were processed with a grant from Clara Goldberg Schiffer.
- Box 1: 1-20
- Box 2: 21-45
- Box 3: 46-61
By: Rich Taylor, Jacalyn R. Blume
- Abortion, Therapeutic--Massachusetts
- Abortion--Government policy--United States
- Abortion--Law and legislation--United States
- Abortion--Moral and ethical aspects
- Abortion--Religious aspects
- Annual Conference on Women and the Law (3rd : 1978 : Boston, Mass.)
- Annual Conference on Women and the Law (4th : 1979 : Boston, Mass.)
- Bills, Legislative--Massachusetts
- Birth control--Law and legislation--Massachusetts
- Civil rights demonstrations--Massachusetts
- Equal rights amendments--Massachusetts
- Jewish women--Massachusetts
- Joint Conference on Women's Health (1973 : Boston, Mass.)
- National Conference on Women and the Law (13th : 1982 : Detroit, Mich.)
- Our bodies, ourselves
- Presidential candidates--United States
- Pro-choice movement--Massachusetts
- Sexism in religion
- Women and peace
- Women and socialism--United States
- Women in Judaism
- Women political activists--Massachusetts
- Women's health services--Massachusetts
- Women's rights--Massachusetts
- Women--Legal status, laws, etc.--United States
- Gold, Patricia, 1935- . Papers of Patricia Gold, 1964-1990: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA