Records of Transition House, 1975-1991
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Copies of the materials may not be deposited in other institutions or libraries.
2.04 linear feet ((1 carton, 2+1/2 file boxes) plus 1 folder, 1 slide, electronic records)
All the videotapes are on 1/2" open reels, in black and white, unless otherwise indicated. Television program titles appear in quotation marks, as do titles given by the donor on the videotape label.
15vt-16vt do not exist.
Transition House's web site is being captured periodically as part of Harvard University Library's Web Archive Collection service (WAX); searchable archived versions of the web site will be available through this finding aid in 2010.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These records of Transition House were given to the Schlesinger Library by Transition House between January 1984 and October 1991.
- Carton 1: 1vt-18vt
- Box 2: 19vt-21vt
- Box 3: 22vt-25vt
- Box 4: 26vt-27vt
By: Katherine Herrlich
- Abused women
- African American women
- African Americans--Civil rights
- Children of abused wives--United States
- Electronic records
- Web sites
- Wife abuse--United States
- Women political activists--United States
- Women's rights--United States
- Women's shelters--Massachusetts--Cambridge
- Women--Social networks--Massachusetts
- Working class women--United States
- Transition House. Records of Transition House, 1975-1991: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA