Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Use
Copying. Papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures.
1.25 linear feet ((3 file boxes) plus 1 folio photograph folder)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers of Yvonne Skinner were given to the Schlesinger Library by Yvonne Skinner in May and November 1983, September 1985, and March 1990. The collection was reprocessed and microfilmed with funds provided by Joan Jacobs Brumberg, Stephen H. Weiss Presidential Fellow and Professor at Cornell University.
MICROFILM OF COLLECTION
- All dates and other information added by the processor are in square brackets.
- Unnumbered diary pages, letter pages, and pages of scrapbooks and notebooks were numbered by the processor to aid the microfilmer, the proofreader, and researchers. Blank pages were not numbered.
- Some photographs are numbered beginning with a "M" rather than "MC", but should be requested as "MC".
- In many cases, the enclosures referred to in letters are missing.
- Letters of one or more pages with either the salutation or the signature missing, as well as portions of letters, have been marked as fragments.
- Loose items and photographs that obviously belonged where they were found were filmed there.
- When filming pages with overlapping material the filmer sometimes masked out all items except the one being filmed.
- Copies of this microfilm (M-26) may be borrowed on interlibrary loan from the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe College, 10 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.
- Folders 1-4: M-26, Reel 1
- Folders 5v-12: M-26, Reel 2
- Folders 13-33: Reel 3
Reprocessed: August 1999
By: Deborah A. Richards
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social life and customs--20th century
- College students--Illinois--Chicago
- Europe--Description and travel
- Reducing diets--United States
- School children--Social life and customs--20th century
- Teenage girls--20th century
- Teenage girls--Books and reading
- Teenage girls--Sexual behavior
- Teenage girls--Social life and customs--20th century
- Voyages and travels
- Skinner, Yvonne, 1911-1997. Papers of Yvonne Skinner, ca.1916-1977: A Finding Aid
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America
- EAD ID
Part of the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute Repository
The preeminent research library on the history of women in the United States, the Schlesinger Library documents women's lives from the past and present for the future.
3 James St.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA