- 1855-1935 (bulk)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
4 linear feet
- Series I: Family Papers, 1807-1949
- ___1. Incoming Correspondence, 1857-1906, n.d.
- ___2. Outgoing, F.W. Putnam, 1858-1903, n.d.
- ___3. Reciprocal, 1890-1910, n.d.
- ___4. General Correspondence, Writings & Notes, 1824-1949
- ___5. Ephemera, 1860
- Series II: Professional Papers, 1857-1967
- ___1. Biographical Materials, 1861-1917
- ___2. Institutional Correspondence and Clippings, 1857-1967
- ___3. Subject Files, 1874-1935
- ___4. World Columbian Exposition Records, 1891-1913
- Series III: Oversize, 1886
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were transferred to the Peabody Museum Archives by the Kent State University Archives in 1999. At Kent State, the papers were part of the Ralph Dexter Papers. They were probably loaned from Harvard to Ralph Dexter for his research for a biography of Putnam.
- Putnam, Frederic Ward (1839-1915), Papers, bulk 1855-1935 : A Finding Aid
- Peabody Museum Archives
- EAD ID
Part of the Peabody Museum Archives Repository
The Peabody Museum Archives contains primary source materials that reflect the Museum’s archaeological and ethnographic research and fieldwork since its founding in 1866. Archival collections contain photographs, documents, papers, and records of enduring value that were created or collected by the Museum, its individual affiliates, or other related entities. The collections also document the history or provenience, as well as the creation of many of the Museum’s artifact collections. To learn more about research visits at the Peabody Museum, please see https://www.peabody.harvard.edu/research-visits.
11 Divinity Ave.
Cambridge MA 02128 USA