Edward J. Holmes collection of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Extent3.5 boxes (1 linear feet)
- Series I. OWH Correspondence, 1894-19351894-1935
- Series II. OWH Estate Matters, 1931-19391931-1939
- Series III. Holmes Family, 1793-19441793-1944
Within eachseries and/or subseries individual items or folders are identified bybox and folder number. For example, the number 5-12 corresponds tobox 5, folder 12.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Existence and Location of Copies
- The John G. Palfrey (1875-1945)Collection of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Papers, 1715-1938;
- The Mark DeWolfe Howe Research Materials On Oliver WendellHolmes, Jr., 1858-1968;
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.,Addenda, 1818-1978;
- The Edward J. Holmes Collection ofOliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Materials, 1853-1944;
- Letters from Holmes to Lady Castleton Small ManuscriptCollection.
- Holmes, Edward J., Collection of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Materials, 1853-1944: Finding Aid
- Harvard Law School Library, Cambridge, MA 02138
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard Law School Library, Historical & Special Collections Repository
Harvard Law School Library's Historical & Special Collections (HSC) collects, preserves, and makes available research materials for the study of the law and legal history. HSC holds over 8,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02138 USA