Drexel A. Sprecher Research Materials for Inside the Nuremburg Trial: A Prosecutor's Comprehensive Account
Contains materials relating to Sprecher’s book entitled, Inside the Nuremberg Trial: A Prosecutor’s Comprehensive Account.
- 1945 - 2000
Conditions Governing Access
Access to these papers is governed by the rules and regulations of the Harvard Law School Library. This collection is open to the public, but is housed off-site at Harvard Depository and requires 2 business-day advance notice for retrieval. Consult the Special Collections staff for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
The Harvard Law School Library holds copyright on some, but not all, of the material in our collections. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be directed to the Special Collections staff. Researchers who obtain permission to publish from the Harvard Law School Library are also responsible for identifying and contacting the persons or organizations who hold copyright.
This collection of 35 boxes of research materials, “Nuremberg Notes”(NN), of Drexel A. Sprecher relates to his two volume book, Inside the Nuremberg Trial: A Prosecutor’s Comprehensive Account (University Press of America, 1999). Materials include newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, and chapter drafts from October 18, 1945 through December 12, 2000.
- 1913 Born in Independence,Wisconsin
- 1934 B.A., University of Wisconsin
- 1938 J.D., Harvard Law School
- 1938-1942 Attorney,National Labor Relations Board
- 1945-1949 Counsel, Officeof the U.S. Chief Counsel for War Crimes
- 1949-1951Editor: Trials of the War Criminals before the Nuremberg Military Tribunals
- 1952-1956 Legal Practice
- 1956Director, Small Business Division, Democratic NationalCommittee
- 1957-1960 Deputy Chairman for PoliticalOrganization, Democratic National Committee
- 1960-1973Consultant, Leadership Resources, Inc.
Materials from this collection are maintained as one alphabetical series which reflects Sprecher’s original file arrangement.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Drexel Sprecher, November 2003
- Nuremberg Trial of MajorGerman War Criminals, Nuremberg, Germany, 1945-1946
- Warcrime trials -- Germany -- Nuremberg
Processed by Copeland H. Young, 2004.
- Drexel A. Sprecher. Research Materials for Inside the Nuremburg Trial: A Prosecutor's Comprehensive Account, 1945-2000: Finding Aid
- Harvard Law School Library, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard Law School Library, Historical & Special Collections Repository
Harvard Law School Library's Historical & Special Collections (HSC) collects, preserves, and makes available research materials for the study of the law and legal history. HSC holds over 8,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02138 USA