James Vorenberg records of the President's Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice
- 1965 - 1979
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Extent1 collection (24 boxes, 1 Paige box)
The material collected here spans the period 1965 to 1967. It consists of correspondence, transcripts of and material for Commission meetings, a chronological and a miscellaneous file.
b. Boston, January 10, 1928.
s. F. Frank and Ida (Muhlfelder) V.
A.B., Harvard, 1948, LL.B., 1951.
Law Clerk to Justice Frankfurter, 1953-1954.
With firm Ropes and Gray, 1954-1962, partner, 1960-1962.
Professor of Law, Harvard, 1962-
Director of Office of Criminal Justice, 1964-1965.
Executive Secretary of the President's Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice, 1965-1967.
Served with United States Air Force, 1951-1953.
Author of law review articles and other legal publications.
- Series I. The American Law Institute and the United StatesPresident's Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration ofJustice
- Series II. Chronological File
- Series III. Commission Meeting Materials
- Series IV. Transcripts
- Series V. Miscellaneous
- Series VI. Activities/Subjects
- ___ Subseries A. Individual
- ___ Subseries B. Miscellaneous
- Series VII. Harvard Law School
- Series VIII. Hearings, Findings, Etc.
- Series IX. Paige Boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Vorenberg, James. Records of the President's Commission on Law Enforcement and the Administration of Justice, 1965-1979: Finding Aid.
- Harvard Law School Library Cambridge, MA 02138
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard Law School Library, Historical & Special Collections Repository
Harvard Law School Library's Historical & Special Collections (HSC) collects, preserves, and makes available research materials for the study of the law and legal history. HSC holds over 8,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02138 USA