- 1721-circa 1780s
Conditions Governing Access
.5 cubic feet (3 flat boxes, 1 accordion folder)
Historical note on the Collection of Edward Holyoke materials
Two items in the collection, a letter from Benjamin Dearborn, and a letter from William Dudley, were framed at an unknown date.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This finding aid was created by Brooke McManus in February 2018.
Titles were assigned by the archivist.
Preservation and description of the Collection of Edward Holyoke materials were supported by the Colonial North America at Harvard Library Project.
- Abbot, Mary Holyoke, 1782-1829 (Former owner)
- Astronomy -- Early works to 1800
- Astronomy -- Research.
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- College presidents--Massachusetts--Cambridge
- Dearborn, Benjamin, 1725-1755
- Drinking vessels -- 18th Century
- Dudley, William, 1686-1743
- Harvard College (1636-1780) -- Presidents
- Holyoke, Edward, 1689-1769.
- Optics -- Early works to 1800
- Osgood, Edward Holyoke (Former owner)
- Collection of Edward Holyoke materials, 1721-1746: an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- 2018 February 12
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA