Margaret Mayall personal archive
- 1932, 1957, and 1970
Conditions Governing Access
Extent0.17 cubic feet (1 half-document box)
The collection also includes a Western Amateur Astronomers’ G. Bruce Blair Award, which was given to Mayall for achievement in amateur astronomy in 1957; the medal is housed in its original blue velvet box. There is also a copy of Mayall’s Manual for Observing Variable Stars, revised edition, which was published in April 1970.
Biographical note on Margaret Mayall
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- American Association of Variable Star Observers.
- Astronomy -- Research.
- Black-and-white photographs
- Harvard College Observatory
- Harvard College Observatory -- Photographs.
- Harvard University -- Astronomy
- Harvard University -- Women.
- Solar eclipses -- Observations.
- United States Naval Observatory -- Photographs.
- Women astronomers--United States
- Women in astronomy -- History.
- Mayall, Margaret W. (Margaret Walton). Margaret Mayall personal archive, 1932, 1957, and 1970 : an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- October 13, 2017
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA