Frank A. Loda personal archive
- circa 1890s-1962
- Loda, Frank Aloysius, Jr., 1934- (Person)
Extent1.32 cubic feet (4 document boxes, 1 flat box)
The letters detail Loda’s academic activities, including the quizzes and examinations he took, papers he was working on, his classes, and his medical studies. His participation in extracurricular activities is mentioned including his membership in clubs, going to football and baseball games, attending movies and plays, and visiting with friends. An interested political observer, several of the letters contain Loda’s comments on American politics, including the 1960 presidential election. The collection also includes family materials that chiefly relate to Loda’s parents, Frank A. Loda (1902-1977) and Muriel Kline Loda (1905-2000). Especially prominent are photographs of Loda’s mother and grandmother; and a notebook of poems compiled by Muriel Kline, presumably as a high school student.
- Letters and postcards, 1952-1962
- Family materials, circa 1890s-1961 and undated
Accession number: 2018.056; 2017 August 12.
- Harvard College Class of 1956, Sexennial Report. Frank Aloysius Loda. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Printed for the Class, 1962.
- Harvard College Class of 1956, Tenth Anniversary Report. Frank Aloysius Loda, Jr. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Printed for the Class, 1966.
- Harvard College Class of 1956, Fifteenth Anniversary Report. Frank Aloysius Loda. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Printed for the Class, 1971.
- Harvard College Class of 1956, Twenty-fifth Anniversary Report. Frank Aloysius Loda, Jr. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Printed for the Class, 1981.
- Black-and-white photographs.
- College students--Massachusetts--Cambridge.
- Color photographs.
- Harvard College (1780- ). Class of 1956
- Harvard University -- Alumni and alumnae
- Harvard University -- Curricula
- Harvard University -- Students
- Interns (Medicine)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Medical Education.
- Medical students.
- Medicine --Practice.
- Negatives (photographic)
- Tulane Hospital.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Vanderbilt University -- Hospital.
- Frank A. Loda personal archive, circa 1890s-1962: an inventory
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA