Harvard College Library Catalogue Department subject files: Thomas Franklin Currier, 1894-1952
- Harvard College Library (Organization)
Access to fragile original documents may be restricted. Permission of the University Archives is required for photocopying or publishing.
Extent16.98 cubic feet (45 document boxes, 4 card boxes, 1 pamphlet binder)
- Subject files, [1894-1940]
- Index to correspondence file, [1894-1940]
- Cataloging Rules, 1914-1952
- "Permanent file" - letters to which reference is made in the Official Catalogue (UAIII 184.108.40.206.1)
- T.F. Currier General files:
- ___1913-1925 (UAIII 220.127.116.11.2)
- ___1926-1935 (UAIII 18.104.22.168.3)
- ___1935-1939 (UAIII 22.214.171.124.4)
- Departmental correspondence and papers, 1937-1952 (chiefly 1939-1945) (A-Z) (UAIII 126.96.36.199.3)
- Index to the correspondence of T.F. Currier (on cards) (UAIII 188.8.131.52.4)
- Correspondence with Harvard classes about publications of members. Classes of 1894-97. (UAIII 184.108.40.206.5)
- Special gifts correspondence, c. 1922-1946 (A-Z) (UAIII 220.127.116.11.6)
- Correspondence regarding jobs in the Library, 1918-29, 1930-1946 (UAIII 18.104.22.168.7)
- Correspondence with staff members, 1929-1946 A-L, M-Z (UAIII 22.214.171.124.8)
- Bentick-Smith, William. Building a Great Library: The Coolidge Years at Harvard. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1976.
- Carpenter, Kenneth E. The First 350 Years of the Harvard University Library: Description of an Exhibition. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1986.
- Currier, Thomas Franklin, 1873-1946.
- Harvard College Library.
- Academic librarians.
- Academic libraries--Massachusetts--Cambridge.
- Harvard University--Libraries.
- Library employees.
- Universities and colleges--Libraries.
- Cambridge (Mass.)
Formats and genres
- Administrative records.
- Catalog cards.
This finding aid was created by Leah Edelman in June 2016.
Preservation and description of the Harvard College Library Catalogue Department subject files: Thomas Franklin Currier was supported by the Harvard Library's Hidden Collections initiative.
- Harvard College Library. Harvard College Library Catalogue Department subject files: Thomas Franklin Currier, 1894-1952: an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA