Records of the Underwater Sound Laboratory,
- Harvard Underwater Sound Laboratory. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Access to Collection
Restrictions on Use of the Records
Extent66.25 cubic feet (182 boxes and 8 folders)
History of the Underwater Sound Laboratory
Record sub-groups and series
- Administrators' Records
- ___Office of the Director, F.V. Hunt: UAV 859.10
- ___Office of the Director, including the records of Associate Director C.P. Boner: UAV 859.12
- ___Career placement of Lab personnel: UAV 859.20
- ___Miscellaneous administrative records: UAV 859.30
- ___Subject files from the Office of the Director: UAV 859.95.1
- ___Records of the business manager, Richard W. Pratt: UAV 859.95.2
- Miscellaneous records: UAV 859.95.3
- Forms: UAV 859.229
- Internal memoranda
- ___Internal memoranda (various subjects): UAV 859.295.1
- ___Internal memoranda re: ordnance: UAV 859.254.4
- ___Internal memoranda re: SONAR: UAV 859.254.6
- Research records
- ___External reports: UAV 859.295.2
- ___Logbooks of experimental vessels: UAV 859.295.3
- Personnel records
- ___Individual personnel records, including first aid: UAV 859.269
- ___Personnel administration records: UAV 859.295.4
- ___Report: A Summary of Technical Personnel and Research Projects: UAV 859.445
- ___Roster of all employees: UAV 859.446
Provenance and Acquisition Information
- Boner, Charles Paul.
- Harvard Underwater Sound Laboratory.
- Harvard University -- Engineering.
- Harvard University -- Laboratories.
- Harvard University -- Physics.
- Harvard University -- Scientific apparatus collections -- Pictorial works.
- Hunt, Frederick V., 1905-1972.
- Log books.
- Personnel records.
- Ships' logs.
- Sonar -- Research.
- Technical reports.
- Underwater acoustics.
- United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Science.
- Harvard Underwater Sound Laboratory. Records of the Underwater Sound Laboratory : an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- Published in 2000
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- This finding aid has been encoded by the Center for History of Physics, American Institute of Physics as part of a collaborative project supported by a grant from the National Endowment of the Humanities, an independent federal agency. Collaboration members in 1999 consisted of: American Institute of Physics, California Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, Rice University, University of Alaska, University of Illinois, and University of Texas.
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA