Records of the Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory, 1940-1972
- Harvard University. Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory (Organization)
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Use of the Records
Extent11 cubic feet (34 boxes)
History of the Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory
Organization of Collection
- Administrative Records
- Research Contracts and Grants
Provenance and Acquisition Information
- Bell Telephone Laboratories, inc.
- Bioacoustics -- Research.
- Harvard Psychological Laboratory.
- Harvard University -- Psychology.
- Harvard University -- Relations with federal government.
- Harvard University -- Relations with industry.
- Harvard University -- Scientific apparatus collections.
- Harvard University. Department of Psychology -- Faculty.
- Harvard University. Laboratory of Psychophysics
- National Research Council (U.S.)
- Personnel records.
- Sound laboratories.
- Stevens, S. S. (Stanley Smith), 1906-1973.
- United States. Army.
- United States. Federal Communications Commission.
- United States. National Defense Research Committee.
- United States. National Science Foundation.
- United States. Navy.
- United States. Office of Scientific Research and Development.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Communications -- Research.
- Harvard University. Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory. Records of the Psycho-Acoustic Laboratory : an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- Published in 2000
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English .
- This finding aid has been encoded by the Center for History of Physics, American Institute of Physics as part of a collaborative project supported by a grant from the National Endowment of the Humanities, an independent federal agency. Collaboration members in 1999 consisted of: American Institute of Physics, California Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, Rice University, University of Alaska, University of Illinois, and University of Texas.
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA