Papers of Oakes Ames, 1897-1967 (inclusive).
- 1897-1967 (inclusive).
- Ames, Oakes, 1874-1950 (Person)
4 cubic feet
He married Blanche Ames in 1900. His children were Pauline Ames Plimpton, Oliver Ames, Davis Ames, Evelyn Ames Davis, and Amyas Ames.
- General information by and about Oaks Ames
- Correspondence and Writings
- ___ Correspondence with Family and Friends, 1916-1949
- ___ Trips
- ___ Letters from Prof. Oakes Ames
- ___ Journal of Common Things
- ___ Autobiography
- ___ Outlines of Economic Botany--Bussey Institution Lectures
- ___ Unidentified manuscript
- Correspondence about Botany at Harvard, 1920-1935 and 1945-1946
- Arnold Arboretum Controversy, 1935-1966
- Botanical Museum, 1897-1967
- Lectures, 1901-1948
- Ames, Oakes, 1874- Papers of Oakes Ames : an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- Language of description
- Finding aid is written inEnglish.
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA