Records of the Harvard College Observatory : Photographs, 1887-approximately 1930? and undated
- 1887- 1930? and undated
- Harvard College Observatory (Organization)
Conditions on use and access
4.7 cubic feet
47 flat boxes
- South American exploration photograph albums
- Images arranged by Observatory number,
- Imaged arranged by archivists
- Non-Harvard images
- United States Commission to the Paris Exposition of 1900
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Archivists organized the photographs into series. Some series follow the original alpha-numeric plate classification scheme of the Harvard College Observatory. Archivists attempted to approximate the Observatory's original classification as they organized the images lacking Observatory numbers.
This inventory was created by Patrice Donoghue and Kate Bowers in 2008-2009.
- Harvard College Observatory. Records of the Harvard College Observatory : Photographs : an inventory
- Harvard University Archives
- EAD ID
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA