Skip to main content
ITEM — Box: 1, Folder: 4 Identifier: UAIII 50.15.30

Supplement to Catalogus Librorum: An Alphabetical List of the Books belonging to the Library of Harv’d College, ca. 1768-1770 Digital

Scope and Contents

This manuscript supplement, written in multiple hands including that of William Mayhew, augments the alphabetical catalog begun by Andrew Eliot in 1765. It is believed to have been created in 1768, with additional entries made through 1770. Entries contain the same information as that in the Catalogus Librorum, including annotations to indicate donations from Thomas Hollis, John Hancock, and New Hampshire.

Dates

  • ca. 1768-1770

Researcher Access

The Early Catalogs and Shelflists of the Harvard College Library are open for research.

Extent

4.77 cubic feet (1.5 legal document boxes, 5 flat boxes, 16 volumes and 1 microfilm box)

Former call number

Formerly classified as UAIII 50.15.31 Part 2. Supplement to Catalogus Librorum: An Alphabetical list of the books belonging to the Library of Harvard College

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository

Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.

Contact:
Pusey Library
Harvard Yard
Cambridge MA 02138 USA
(617) 495-2461